Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Wheat seva payasam
We invited one of my DH's schoolmate for lunch and I prepared a quick payasam with the available stuffs at home...Let us start with the ingredients first:
1. Wheat seva - 1/2 packet
2. 1/2 litre of boiled milk
3. Cashewnuts, raisins - 1 handful
4. Ghee - 1 tbsp
5. Sugar - 1 and 1/2 cup
Method of preparation:
1. Pour ghee in a heavy bottomed kadai and heat it. Throw the chopped cashenuts, raisins and let it fry till it becomes light golden color. Make sure it is not burned or charred. Remove it from the kadai and keep it aside.
2. In the same kadai with the leftover ghee, fry the wheat seva. Pour in some more ghee if required.
3. Then add little water to the fried wheat seva and allow it to cook. Add the whole sugar to this.
4. Once it is almost 3/4th cooked, pour in little milk and allow it to cook fully. Add the remaining milk incremently. Stir it often.
5. Last but not the least, add the fried cashewnuts and raisin.
Emh!!! Enjoy the aroma and the payasam.....Emh!!!
One can refrigerate it and have it cold..it sweets yum!!!