Thursday, October 29, 2009
The Kappa (Tapioca) story continues..Thoran/poriyal from Kappa
How to make Kappa thoran:
1. The plain boiled kappa is mashed.
2. In a kadai, pour 1 tbsp of cooking oil. when it gets heated, splutter some mustard seeds, urudhu daal seeds, kadalai paruppu seeds till it turns slight brown.
3. Add the chopped onions, chopped ginger pieces and garlic pieces, curry leaves and salt to taste and let it get fried till light golden brown.
4. Add chilli powder/green chillies at this stage and let it also get deep fried.
5. After this, add the smashed kappa to this and mix it throughly. Garnish it with corriander leaves.