Thursday, October 29, 2009
Mixed vegetable rice
When i came back from office, i found that the rice which had been cooked for lunch remained untouched. I decided to make a quick vegetable rice. This is one way by which i can forcefully make my children eat all the veggie's...
I used microwave for this.
Here is how i made:
1. 2 chopped carrot
2. 2 chopped onions
3. few beans
4. 1 chopped potatoes
5. 1 chopped capisicum
6. ginger and garlic - small pieces
7. somphu, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves - little
8. cooking oil - 1 tbsp
Method of preparation:
1. Steam the already cooked rice with a pressure cooker/ outside to make it hot.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, pour some oil and put the onions, somphu, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves and cook it for 2 - 3 minutes. stir the contents in between.
3. Added the chopped vegetables, salt to taste, 1/2 tbsp of gram masala powder. Mix it well and cook for 6-7 minutes.
4. I transferred the whole content to a mudpot and also added the already warmed rice to it and mix the whole content and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
It came out very well. It looked colorful and tasted yum...
My daughter tasted and said "Emh...Delicious"..and my children finished the whole plate...Not bad....