Monday, November 2, 2009
Raddish paratta/ Parantha
I tried this for my DH who avoids potato and other sweet items for known reasons ;-)
When the whole family enjoys aloo paratta, i tried a different stuffing for my DH...
It came out ok...
Let's go for the ingredients:
1. finely chopped Raddish - 1
2. Salt to taste
3. Mustard seeds - 1 tbsp
4. Onion - 1 chopped
5. turmeric powder - 1 pinch
6. Chilli powder
7. Green chillies chopped
8. curry leaves and coriander leaves for garnishing.
9. Ginger and garlic - chopped
Method of preparation:
1. Boil the finely chopped raddish with a pinch of salt and mash it using the matthu/spatula. (I could have used my mixie)
2. In a heavy bottom kadai, add 1 tbsp of cooking oil and when hot, splutter some mustard seeds, urudhu daal seeds, kadalai paruppu seeds till it turns slight brown.
3. Add the chopped onions, chopped ginger pieces and garlic pieces, curry leaves and turmeric powder and salt to taste and let it get fried till light golden brown.
4. Add chilli powder/green chillies at this stage and let it also get deep fried.
5. Add the mashed raddish to this and mix well
To make paratta:
Mix 2 cup of wheat flour with required water to make it as a dough for making chapathi's.
Take a big ball of wheat dough and first flatten it into a small circle. Then take a small ball of the stuffing and keep it in the center of the flattened wheat dough and cover this stuffing by making a small pouch of the wheat dough. Then once again press it down and flatten it into a chappathi size circle
In a preheated tawa, pour some ghee and then place the flattened paratta and allow it to cook for some time. Then toss it over.
Enjoy this yum preparation with curd and pickle..